A summer camp that focuses on music! How cool is that? Very cool! And very fun!
Our summer sleep-away music camps are held at the beautiful Walker Creek Ranch in Marin County a 1700-acre site that includes forest, chaparral, grassland and a great 4-acre swimming hole! With 20 miles of hiking trails, our camp features organic cuisine fresh from the garden made possible by the Alice Waters (of Chez Panisse fame) Foundation.
- To study music with a faculty of some of the leading music educators in the Bay Area. Our conductors say the musical instruction at choir camp equals is as substantial as five months of choir.
- To get outside and connect with nature – become more physically active through hiking, swimming, and running.
- To grow and become more independent – a great place to practice making decisions for themselves in a nurturing camp environment.
- To enjoy unstructured play – free time with no schedules, or routines offers the camper time to just play.
- To learn and increase social skills – In a camp atmosphere, campers learn cooperation and respect.
- To make new friends – sometimes they make “best” friends at camp while away from pressures at school and home. Singing, laughing, and sharing experiences draws people together and camp is no exception!
To experience success and gain confidence - through music, all things are possible! Learning cooperation through teambuilding, engaging in a higher music standard and enjoying being an important part of the choir family helps children develop their artistic talent and understand their place in the wide world.
Choir tours provide an unparalleled opportunity for young people to learn about themselves and broaden and deepen their understanding of the world. Ensemble tours internationally each summer, Concert Choir tours nationally, and Ancora and Ecco tour occasionally nationally or internationally.
Since 1982, the Choir has toured and performed throughout 13 states and 26 foreign countries
Has sung in nineteen choral competitions in Europe, Asia, and North America
Has won twenty-five awards, including Gold Medals and Grand Prizes
Singers may participate in music festivals, community concerts, and cultural and recreational activities